Hello from Lisa
As everyone knows, there have been a lot of changes around here this summer. Here are just a few more that will be important for you to know.
- Barbara says “no one can say or spell Allayant and it’s time for it to go”
- I want to honor Dr. Bothe who was my mentor and friend by carrying on his legacy of compassion for his patients.
- We are happy to announce Legacy Recovery and Wellness pc
CHANGES and ADDITIONS
I am very happy to introduce to you Becky Wells, LPN. Becky worked with Dr. Bothe and me at the Asheville clinic for 4 years. Now she is joining me in Hendersonville as well.
I have contracted with Solor billing to handle all matters related to insurance and finance.
- This is a company Barbara knows very well and is a great fit for us.
- They have an 800 number and you may call them at any time with any questions about your account.
- That number will appear on future billing and Christine will have it for you as well.
COVID 19 – PLEASE, GET VACCINATED
Covid continues to be a deadly, life threatening and life altering disease.
- As the new Covid variants have arrived we are seeing a significant uptick in the number of cases. In one recent thirty day period, nearly 10% of our patients had been diagnosed with or were in recovery from Covid.
- The most common sentiment is “I would not wish this on my worst enemy”.
- The medical literature is clear, the vaccine works.
- There are breakthrough cases, but the vaccine is providing 88% protection for the Delta variant.
- The 12% of vaccinated people with Covid are reportedly not nearly as sick as the unvaccinated.
- In NC there is a 15-fold increase in deaths in unvaccinated patients versus vaccinated
- 3,000 deaths out of 100,000 unvaccinated Covid patients versus 230 deaths out of 100,000 vaccinated Covid patients.
COVID 19 BOOSTER
- If you are vaccinated, the booster is here.
- If you have a poor immune system or are considered immuno-compromised, it is recommended you get the booster now.
- I got mine last week!
- If you are not immuno-compromised, the boosters will be rolling out toward the end of September.
- The US recommendation is to have the booster 8 months after your second vaccine.
- Talk to your primary care provider or talk to me if you have questions!
Thank you for choosing this practice to receive your care. The staff and I are aware you have choices. We are humbled and grateful for your trust in us!
Lisa, Barbara, Christine, Whitney and Becky
Legacy Recovery and Wellness PC